The Photographers Gallery.
The works of Jan Svoboda, Peggy Franck, Nichole Wermers', Batia Suter, Anna Parkina, C,K Rajan, Roy Arden and Clunie Reid are featured within the show.
Below are three examples of the works from the fifth floor. They are good examples of the different approaches to photo collage...
![]() |
| C.K Rajan - Mild Terrors |
When first viewed this series not knowing the concept behind the idea I had a completely different view of the collages. I think personally, knowing the idea behind them has made me look into the images more and think about them in a different way than I would of done originally. For this reason when I viewed the images a second time I liked them more than the first viewing.
A Russian born artist that works in sculpture, painting, photography and performance. Unlike the works of Rajan, Parkina's colleges are her own photography and are also layered more densely than just the 2 images he used.
![]() |
| Anna Parkina |
Her work reflects her move back to a post Soviet Russia after her studies at a time of big cultural and social changes.
The Photographers Gallery 18 January - 7th April 2013 catalogue
www.thephotographersgallery.org.uk/perspectives-on-collage-3
![]() |
| Clunie Reid |
Clunie Reid is a photographer from the UK. Within this collection she uses marker pen, stickers, holographic paper and tape to recast photographic imagery into anarchic, new contexts. Personally, Reid's work wasn't all that appealing to me due to the fact I am not easily pushed into liking what I would see as more drawing based pieces. Despite the fact I don't find the work visually appealing I think the concept of challenging our perceptions of the worlds media such as web and advertising is something that is of interest to many and also a topic under scrutiny.
www.thephotographersgallery.org.uk/perspectives-on-collage-3



No comments:
Post a Comment